Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Consciousness

I find myself in a struggle – not between right and wrong or good and bad; that would be too easy i suppose – a struggle to make sense of my surroundings, my consciousness, the caste systems that are all too readily visible to me, the contradictions of life, the fate of the “underprivileged” and of the victims of bilateral struggles of the powerful who seem to hover above invisibly, yet with considerable bite like angels playing a game of chess with earthly pieces, laughing and rejoicing in a faraway paradise.

My feelings of joy (though only fleeting) are just as potent as those of anger and hatred (with more longevity). I occupy various worlds simultaneously and it seems some of them want to choose; to decide which side I’m on. But the irony is that I’m not overly torn, I know who I am and I am happy with it – in fact, there are moments when I’m ecstatic about it but I struggle to like or, perhaps more accurately, to accept the consequences that seem to flow from that realisation.


Yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment