Saturday, November 22, 2008

Up Obama: Yes We Can

Wednesday, 5 November, 2008 11:39 AM

Like most of you I'm sure, I needed a record amount of coffee to stay awake the morning after having been awake for much of the night!!! But, like James Brown sang "I feel gooood".

While I am usually not one for self-congratulations, but can I please encourage you all to permit yourselves a cheer, a firm pat on the back, a congratulatory handshake to a brother or sister, a nod to a complete stranger - for after half-a-millennium of subjugation, Rev Jesse Jackson wept unashamedly in the shocking, yet liberating, knowledge that Dr Martin Luther King's dream of yesteryears (a dream shared by Malcolm X, Nelson Mandela, Patrice Lumumba, Kwame Nkrumah etc) has indeed begun to come true…and in our lifetime too! Imagine that!!

Yes, it’s a reality - President Barack Hussein Obama! Yes, I can! Yes you can! Yes we can!

But let's not forget that this is merely a start - the real work begins now for us all in our lives and endeavours to sustain this dream…sorry, new reality :)

Many Congratulations to Barack Obama!

No comments:

Post a Comment